However, in certain setups and in certain situations, Bisq may be slower than usual.
If that is the case for you, here are a few performance tips for you to consider.
- Use the latest Bisq version
- Expect a somewhat slower UI immediately upon opening Bisq, as long as Bisq is "Synchronizing DAO"
- You can check if "Synchronizing DAO" is running in the bottom bar of the UI. If it is running, it will be shown as a progress bar.
- Depending on the user's environment and hardware setup, this process may be resource intensive (high CPU usage, sluggish UI)
- After this process is complete, Bisq should be faster and more responsive
Avoid minimizing the Bisq app. In certain situations, macOS may try to allocate less resources to it (CPU, RAM), de-prioritize its threads, de-prioritize or interrupt open network connections, or attempt other optimizations to free up system resources.